Foundation & Key Stage 1
"Creation is the first and universal revelation of God’s love. As the action of Father, Son and Holy Spirit, creation is the first step towards the covenant relationship God seeks with every human being."
Religious Education Curriculum Directory p. 14
1.1 God’s great plan: AT1 & AT2
Learning ABOUT and learning FROM the Catholic Faith
Key Learning Objectives
In this unit you will have the opportunity to:
- be aware of the beauty of God’s world and explore and respond to the wonders of creation e.g. the seasons;?
- hear about the story of Creation from Genesis and talk about its meaning;
- reflect on the knowledge that God made us because he loves us;
- understand that we show God we love him by looking after the world and each other;
- be aware that we can spoil God’s creation and that we have a responsibility to look after it;
- hear an appropriate part of the story of Noah and the Flood and its message of salvation and hope.