The Mystery of Creation
God creates by wisdom and love
"In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth" (Gen 1:1).
"We believe that God created the world according to His wisdom. It is not the product of any necessity whatever, nor of blind fate or chance. We believe that it proceeds from God's free will; He wanted to make His creatures share in His being, wisdom and goodness: 'For you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created' (Rev 4:11) CCC 295.
Attainment Target 1: Learning about the Catholic faith.
Attainment Target 2: Learning from the Catholic faith.
Key Learning Objectives
- Know that for a long time people have asked questions about Creation.
- Reflect on some important responses.
- Know about the story of Creation in the Bible.
- Reflect on the importance of this story.
- Know about the story of the Fall.
- Think about how it helps us to understand suffering in the world.
- Understand that God calls us to care for creation.
- Be aware of our responsibilities.
- Know about some of God's great helpers.
- Reflect on what we can learn from them.
- Be aware of God's great gifts to us.
- Reflect on the importance of our gifts.