5.5 Life in the Risen Jesus
The Religious Education Curriculum Directory
On the third day Jesus rose from the Dead
“The Resurrection of Jesus is the crowning truth of our faith in Christ, a faith believed and lived as the central truth by the first Christian community; handed on as fundamental by Tradition; established by the documents of the New Testament and preached as an essential part of the Paschal mystery along with the cross:
Christ is risen from the dead!
Dying, he conquered death;
to the dead, he has given life (CCC 638).
Attainment Target 1: Learning about the Catholic faith.
Attainment Target 2: Learning from the Catholic faith.
Key Learning Objectives
- Know that Jesus is risen from the dead.
- Reflect on what the Resurrection of Jesus means for us.
- Understand the meaning of the Resurrection.
- Reflect on the importance of the Resurrection for us.
- Know that the Spirit of Jesus works in many ways.
- Reflect on the Spirit at work in the Church.
- Know that Jesus is present among us in different ways.
- Reflect on how we can be present with Jesus.
- Know that there are different ways of praying.
- Explore different ways of praying.
- Understand how Jesus teaches us to pray.
- Reflect on the importance of prayer for us.